Monday 2 July 2012

Tim's Twelve Tags of 2012 - July

Ok so just as 4 July is a big day in America, so is 27 April in South Africa 'cos that is when we celebrate Freedom Day to mark the day ALL South African's, no matter what colour, race or creed could vote for the first time since the abolition of Apartheid.

I would really have liked to use an image of Mandela, but I have not seen a stamp of him before...so I used our next best and most well known image/icon of the African Elephant.  You know he is African elephant because he has the larger rounder ears, unlike his cousins in India who have smaller more angular ears as on Tim's set of stamps...but I digress...

This is my take then on Tim's July tag as seen HERE.  I have used the same techniques, only different colours to represent our nations flag.  On the ribbon I stamped Greetings from Africa, just in case the sight bleeding in the ribbon has made it hard for you to read.

Thanks for the visit.

Bella

17 comments:

  1. You have the "spreading splotches" technique down and I like "our" Elephant- also spied the "1994" you managed to work in... Very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very clever and patriotic tag!!! Well done on this one Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful rendetion of Tim's tag. I love how everyone from different nations are making their tags in honor of their country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and that elephant is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you...Johnny on the spot! I love your twist! The theme and colors are fabulous! What a fun and gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag.Love the exoticism on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRILLIANT!!! you are so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...beautiful take on Tim's Tag for July (and so quick off the mark too) loVe the meaning behind it...great work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the colors and stamps...as well as the meaning behind it all. Really well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool tag Bella, I love the elephant, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, your tag is outstanding! The color bursts are perfectly placed, and the stamps you chose ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bella this is Amazing!!! I'm so thankful that you shared your story about what it means in your article. So touching & I wish everyone from your home land a wonderful Freedom Day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice tag you made. I used your idea and took a special date in july for nijmegen/holland.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous tag, love your take on the tims tag, great colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning tag. I love how you adapted Tim's tag to suit your country's day of Independence. Stunning colors and you did a great job controlling the spread of your color. That part was tricky or me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Belinda I love your spin on Tim's July 4th tag. Gorgeous Elephant stamp - he's a handsome chap! Beautiful job x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.