Tuesday 7 August 2012

Vintage frames for Tim's 12 tags of 2012

 I came across this set of frames at a second hand type shop and bought the pair off them before they had time to spruce them up...They had just arrived and I wanted them as original as possible.  So I washed the years of dust off and gave them some extra staples for stability and then added the twine to peg my tags onto.  I am very pleased with the final result and have made this project pride of place in my passage for all to see.  I don't know where my hubby is going to hang his car keys when he gets home as that is where the hooks were previously, but hey those can go on a shelf (and often do) so I figure he won't mind too much!
The tags from behind

From the front

The second frame ready for the next 5 tags

The back of the frames, I just eyeballed the string, I did not measure as I stapled.

2 comments:

  1. ...this is such a cool idea Bella loVe the shabby chic frames with their chippy paint & a super way to display your gorgeous tags...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great idea... such a cool way to display your tags xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.