Sunday 17 March 2013

Sizzix cup cake pop up card with Tim's tattered flower decorations



I have been very busy at my desk today.  This concept has been in my head for a while and it took a few prototypes to get it to work.  Good thing they are not edible or I would have put on a fortune of weight by eating the "flops"!

I started with the cupcake case die by Sizzix which I cut, assembled and folded in half.
Medium_658008
I then cut 2 white and one yellow Sizzix Rosettes by Tim
 Medium_656931
I pleated them and glued the two white ones together to make a LONG strip of concertinaed paper then made them into a circle.  I pleated the yellow one and made that into a circle.

I glued the yellow one on top of the white one so they made a Christmas tree shape.

I made a 6"x6" card and using two scraps of paper I glued the cupcake holder to the centre of the inside of the card.

I then built a support shelf on the inside of the cup cake holder with kraft card stock.  This is to hold the candle.  The candle was not long enough to stick out the top of the "icing" so I placed it in a drinking straw and hot glued this to the centre of the shelf.
I used the shelf to glue the tree of  rosettes to with tabs underneath.  Here is a view from the top where I added a medium tattered flower to finish it off, supposedly to look like the candle holder....
While all of that was drying...
I decorated the outside of the card using white card stock which I ran through the sizzix embossing folder and clipped its edges with Mustard seed yellow distress ink to highlight the pattern.  I cut a small piece of the cupcake holder again to use a section of for the case of the 2D one and ran the "icing dome" (I cut a shape by hand) through a paper crimper to imitate the concertinas of the icing of the cake inside the card.  I cut 3 of the tiniest tattered flowers and curled them with my stylus on a foam mat to add to the top of the cupcake with half pearl centres.

Because the 3D cupcake was so bulky, I needed to tie the card together so I made some crinkle ribbon by running it over the Mustard seed distress ink pad and spraying it with water before drying  it in my tweezers.
This is as closed as the card gets...not one for mailing to anyone! 
Here is the finished cupcake in the card!

It was fun getting my concept into reality!

Thanks for the visit.

Bella

3 comments:

  1. This is marvellous Paper Engineering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply amazing :D this is such a cool project... I am going to come and play with you next time I am in CT :D Love this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella - wow you have been so busy ! Flowers & now the fabby cupcake ! Looks like you have had loads of fun !! I'm back at work today after my week in Spain - why do holidays go by so super-quick !! Hoping to post on WOYWW this week as missed last week being away - nothing like your brilliant projects to share though! Take care, Hugs Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.