Wednesday 15 April 2015

Whats on My Workdesk Wednesday? Cogs, cogs and more Cogs...oh and a cat! 306

Hello there fellow Desker from Julia's Place.  Here you see my desk from far to show off the contraption myself and DH invented and built to hold my iPad so I can shoot video footage of my desk.  I have hung my Steampunk hat and goggles on its ends to stop me banging my head on them!  They are just at eyelevel and being silver...hard to see even with the day glow orange stickers on them!
Then an up close of the pile of cogs I came across at one of my suppliers...I pounced on them with such glee that another shopper came over to see what I was so excited about!  This will last me a while and I can use them in my classes.
There are 50 of the larger cogs per packet and 100 of the tiny ones per packet...that is an average of 1200 cogs on my desk right now!  Steampunk Heaven! I found a mini cookie jar to store them in as I got 2 bags of most of the cogs, now to go and get another 11 jars...one good thing always leads to another!
Then just as I was about to type this up, I looked back at my desk and there was Marmalade under his personal sun...My 100W day light bulb!

Thats me for today.  I hope that I can get to a few desks this morning before work if Mr Linky is there this week.  Just my luck that the week I last participaed in, he was AWOL, but it was 1 April!

18 comments:

  1. cor such a lovely load of cogs you wont run out in a hurry!
    have a good week, Happy WOYWW
    Thanks for sharing
    Mrs C.x #2 this week :)
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-march-14th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun, I would love to play with those
    jill #30

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise cat! Mine sits on the landing in the morning as the sun shines through the window and then retreats to the back room where the sun shines through the window! Wise animals indeed.
    LOVE those cogs - wish I could find a supplier with those, I would be in heaven!!
    Have a good week
    Christine

    Bishopsmate #41

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella....oh my that is a lot of cogs - have fun. Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#22

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't often see that many cogs in one place ....... Steampunk heaven as you said ..... I looks forward to seeing what you make with them
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bella, rofl @ Marmalade! Cats are so funny, aren't they? What an amazing bargain all those cogs were- I'd have bought every packet they had too! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cogs may be priceless to you but Marmalade couldn't care less as long as he's nice and warm. Hoping you have a great crafty week. Happy woyww, Angela x 36 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lodda cogs! Steampunk heaven as you rightly say. Great!
    I smiled at Marmalade, sitting there. By the way I love your old phone! Does it work?
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#45

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great purchase - that should keep you going for your wonderful Steampunk Creations.
    Hugs, Neet xx 23

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is steampunk heaven!! Wow, you need some of Tim's mini mason jars to store them.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness - looks like you could build a whole world devices of Steampunk with all those cogs ! Sure you are going to have hours of fun putting them into projects ! hugs Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aweeeeesome looking desk today! I love all those cogs/gears. I love steampunk and wish I could find a supplier around here for such a deal. I use my hat and goggles in much the same way...to prevent an accident on my table. Love Marmalade and his personal sun lamp. Thanks for stopping by my desk already. Vickie #8

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a serious quantity of cogs! And Marmalade looks soooooooo happy : D. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. My what cogs you have my dear. Marmalade looks like he is ready to help "sort" with you.

    Thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW or Thursday
    Pat #64

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul!! Always love a good haul photo! What is the name of your supplier????? Oh please, oh please, share that with all of us. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is my kind of a find. They look stunning. Can't wait to see what you create with them :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really late getting here this week, but boy am I glad I did - love all those cogs, and your cat looks right at home there under the light!! Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab find! Would love to,get my hands on some many gears n cogs! Do you post from your iPad? What program do you use? Blogger? An app? I ask since I've been locked out of the BlogPress app after its last update. Hence the reason I'm not linking up on WOYWW . Thanks and Hugs Nan

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.