Wednesday 1 April 2015

What's On My Workdesk Wednesday No304? Finn Inspired stuff

Hello fellow desker from Julia's place.  I have been MIA for a while as our home schedule changed and I am now lifting my son to school in the mornings...but today is the last day of this school term and my DH has gone on the school run, leaving me free to post what is going on at my desk!

Right at the back of my desk you can see I am busy with alcohol inks and plastic eggs which Tim recently blogged on how to create...better get a wiggle on as Easter starts in 2 days time...

I am doing a class with Finnabair in October later this year and am getting so excited.  Therefore all the projects I am doing at the moment are seriously inspired by her style and products.  I am practicing up a storm!

The journal cover you see is one that I will be teaching at Scrapbook North on the 18 April and the heart is a project I created for fun after seeing Finn's recent book cover.
My stamp drawer is hanging open cos I have no where to keep the 4 new stamp sets I bought and showed you a few weeks ago, so they sit there cantileavered over my desk...till I can find a better solution.

14 comments:

  1. That is an awesome cover for a book the way the blue turns to green/gold so pretty on it just love the details what was the heart before you fixed it all into the book ? if you don't mind me asking
    hugs Nikki no linky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that heart piece is very appealing with all the glittery colurs.Love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, Awesome heart art too! I love the steampunk hats at the side too. I know I must have seen them before but there are more now, yes?

    Some WOYWW days it's all I can do to keep o blog in my head long enough to comment. Just so much inspiration.
    Happy WOYWW and I'm not fooling'!
    :)
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cover its so pretty
    happy woyww
    Mrs C.xx
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-april-1st-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least the cantilever is holding!! I expect a landslide will call for a serious reorganisation of storage --argh! Like the others, am awestruck at the dimension you achieved on the heart. Now hurry and finish the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing piece of art, I love it and the colours are just incredible, truly a masterpiece. Organisation is the key to a lot of things and I am sure you will work it out eventually before a landslide happens. I have eggs to finish on my desk too. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 41

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy my visit to yours, so many great things to see but the heart is just a very special piece. Hope you have a great easter and happy woyww, Angela x 29

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Finn's book cover,and your version is fantastic. I am so envious of you doing a Finn class. Happy Easter. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty - loving the dark and changing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bella, not joining in WOYWW this week but just wanted to comment on your fabulous Finnabair inspired heart canvas. Just love everything about it.the colours, dimension and embellishments especially those heart cogs, are they from a die or purchased as is? Have a great Easter weekend Hugs Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous workspace and I do love your work. It's awesome. Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bella, long time no visit and I still love your busy desk with all the fabby stuff. Your book cover with the heart is stunning, makes me want to sit and play as I seem to just tidy and do housework at the moment! Annette #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is an awesome project! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter
    Hugs
    Gabriele 19

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cover Belinda - I too have been inspired by the cover on that book of hers but am much slower at doing something about it.
    Love the colours etc - you will love the Finn workshop.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.